Please visit our Measure C 2010 Site
On March 5, 2002, voters in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District communities overwhelmingly passed the Measure C bond election. Measure C allows the district to issue $250 million in General Obligation bonds to pay for projects to improve school buildings and grounds.
“Measure C was a great success. Projects promised were projects completed. The District brought in over $100 million in State funds to our community’s local schools. Projects were completed on time and under budget.”
John Ferrante, Present Chair
2002 Measure C Oversight Committee
Quick facts about 2002 Measure C:
· Each and every Priority 1 project identified in the Measure C project list was completed on time as promised to the electorate in 2002.
· The Measure C program came in under budget closing with a positive balance of in excess of $3.3 million.
· The District received approximately $112 million in State funding to help pay for classroom and school improvements thanks to the effective management of the Measure C program and MDUSD's participation in the State's Facility Program.
· By law, the Measure C Independent Oversight Committee initiated annual performance audits of the Measure C Program. Each and every audit reported that, without exception, all District expenditures related to Measure C were sound and appropriately accounted for.
· In his April 8, 2008 wrap-up report to the Board of Education, A.J. Fardella, past chair of the Measure C Oversight Committee, stated that "everything was managed perfectly and all projects completed."
· All Measure C projects have been certified by the Department of the State Architect (DSA) and have been formally accepted and closed-out by the State.
· The District’s Measure C bonds were rated “A+” by nationally recognized rating agency Standard and Poor’s. All Measure C bonds were sold as “AAA”.
· Tax rates from Measure C have consistently been below the $60.00 per $100,000 of assessed value rate estimated to voters in 2002:
o 2009-10 rate: $49.30
o 2008-09 rate: $45.50
o 2007-08 rate: $42.40
o 2006-07 rate: $44.60
o 2005-06 rate: $41.80
o 2004-05 rate: $41.10