Intradistrict applications are available beginning October 1, at the District Office in Student Services, Wing D, James W. Dent Education Center, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, CA 94519.
Completed applications for grades 1-12 must be submitted between October 1 and January 15, for the following school year. No applications will be accepted after the January 15th deadline.
The following schools have been designated by the Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board of Education as “Impacted” for 2009-2010: Meadow Homes Elementary and College Park High School. Intradistrict Transfers are NOT accepted for “Impacted” schools.
A student may only apply for one transfer during a school year. If a student has applied for an Intradistrict Transfer, then a subsequent NCLB Transfer will not be accepted. NCLB School Choice Applications are accepted from students whose residence school for 2010-2011 would be:
| Elementary Schools
- Intradistrict Transfer applications are to be completed, signed by parent and submitted by mail or in person to the Student Services Office, James W. Dent Education Center, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, 94519.
- When more requests are received than there is space available to attend a specific school, the Student Services Office will conduct a public lottery among the applicants to fill any vacancies that may exist.
- Incoming Kindergarteners: Intradistrict Transfer applications for incoming kindergarteners may be requested on or after the student is registered at his/her school of residence on kindergarten registration day, February 2, 2010. These applications should be submitted no later than February 27.
- Once enrolled, the transfer is in effect through the 5th grade for elementary, 8th grade for middle school and through 12th grade for the high schools. *PLEASE NOTE: Students on Intradistrict Transfers can be displaced prior to September 15 of each school year by students who reside in the school’s attendance area. (BP & AR 5116.1)
- Students in 5th grade and 8th grade who wish to apply for an Intradistrict Transfer to a middle or high school other than their school of residence must apply for a new Intradistrict Transfer for the next grade level.
- Monte Gardens and Sequoia Elementary Schools and Cornerstone Family School have a separate admissions process. Please contact those schools directly to be placed on a waiting list.