Volunteer Work/Project Requests
- All volunteer projects must be given initial approval by the site administrator.
- All submissions must include: the type of work to be performed, a site map (if applicable), a list of products and/or materials to be used, any equipment the group proposes to use, and the timelines for beginning and completing the project.
- The work to be performed shall be within the ability of the group completing the project.
- Project costs cannot be incurred or expended by the district’s General Fund, and supervision of the project must be provided by the volunteer individual or group.
- No project can be performed where any portion of the work by volunteers is performed for any compensation (financial or material gain).
- All volunteer projects are limited to the work that has been specifically approved.
- All projects should be for a one time site improvement, not an on-going project that will occur many years
- All Volunteer Requests must be forwarded to: M & O, Director of Facilities, Operations, and Resource Conservation thirty (30) days prior to the start date of the planned activity.
If a site administrator recommends that a volunteer project be approved, a Volunteer Work/Project Authorization form must be completed and forwarded to the director of Maintenance & Operations for approval before work is scheduled to begin. (Refer to Board Policy 1211)
For additional information please call 925-825-7440, ext. 3804 or 3821.