For Certificated Positions
Mt. Diablo Unified School District
To obtain information and a Certificated Application, go to www.EdJoin.org, sign in, and follow the application process for any position posted for the Mt. Diablo Unified School District. If you do not have a user name and password for www.EdJoin.org, you can click on this link, https://www.edjoin.org/login.aspx to create a user name and password. Once your user name is created, you can apply for any position listed on the EdJoin pages. See below for the documentation required for all applicants.
You may also obtain a Certificated Application by selecting one of the following options:
· Download a Certificated Application from the MDUSD website
· Request an application via email by writing email@example.com
· Call (925) 682-8000 ext. 4153 and request a Certificated Application
· Write to Certificated Personnel, Personnel Services, Dent Education Center, 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, CA 94519
The items listed below must be submitted with your application in order to be considered for a teaching position. Upon receipt of items 1 – 8 below, and item 9 if applicable, your application will be placed in our files and you will be considered for employment as vacancies occur in your credentialed areas.
1. A completed Certificated Application packet, including the Authorization to Acquire Information from References.
2. A one-page letter of interest that details your philosophy of teaching and approach to classroom management.
3. A copy of your credential(s), front and back, or a letter from your recommending institution, either the email stating the credential for which you have applied with the receipt of payment to the CCTC, or a letter specifying the credential program in which you are enrolled and the expected date of completion.
4. Two letters of recommendation, less than two years old from the following:
· Master teachers
· University supervisors
· School administrators
· Placement file
5. A copy of your CBEST verification
6. Your most recent resume
7. All Transcripts if you have them; copies are acceptable
8. A copy of your CSET results or other subject matter test results.
9. Certificate of Compliance for Highly Qualified Teachers (No Child Left Behind) if applicable and available from your previous school district of employment.
Your application will be considered incomplete if the above materials are not received by the closing date.
- The letter of application may be addressed to the Director of Certificated Personnel.
The acceptance of your application depends on whether you clearly demonstrate that you meet the minimum requirements. Based upon a review of applications and supporting information, only the most qualified candidates will be selected to interview. The interview will cover experience, personal suitability, education and the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Applications will be screened and finalists will be notified to appear for an oral interview.
- Upon an offer employment, you must provide, to our Personnel Office, your original credential(s) or an email confirmation from your college that you have applied for your credential, and all official sets of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Pleas have them available. No unofficial copies of credentials or transcripts can be accepted.
FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR APPLICATION:
Call (925) 682-8000 ext. 4139 or email Certificated Personnel at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Personnel Services department at:
Mt. Diablo Unified School District
James Dent Educational Center
1936 Carlotta Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Comments to the department webmaster: email@example.com