About the Governing Board
The Role of the Governing Board
The Mt. Diablo Unified School District Board of Education is a policy-making body for the school district. The Governing Board is comprised of five trustees who are elected in November to serve staggered four-year terms in office and one Student Board Member who is appointed each school year according to Board Bylaw 9150.
The Board of Education duties include the following :
- Establish policies for the Mt. Diablo Unified School District
- Approve and oversee the school district budget
- Serve as good stewards of taxpayer funds
- Hire and supervise the Superintendent of Schools
- Establish board committees
- Lobby lawmakers and advocating on behalf of the Mt. Diablo Unified schools
- Represent constituents, solicit input on key decisions and listen to concerns and needs of the community
The Board President, Vice President and Clerk are elected at the annual organizational meeting held in December.
Looking for public comment information? See the Board Meetings Page.