A Fundamental Problem:
Did you know—California is now the fifth-largest economy in the world and has the highest gross domestic product of any state, and yet, we are near the bottom nationally in nearly every measure of school funding and school staffing. Adjusted for cost of living, California ranks 38th lowest in per-pupil funding. This is a serious problem, and we, along with many other school districts across the state, have been calling on our state Legislature to immediately increase school funding and to do what is right for our students. This fight for fair funding is ongoing. See the Fair Funding State-Wide Initiative
Your Direct Donations Help MDUSD:
We have seen an incredible outpouring of generosity from our community to support our programs. Families and organizations like you have been rising up to make donations, and the impact has been bigger than you might know. We sincerely appreciate every donation—thank you in advance for considering MDUSD for your charity.
All donations are considered tax-deductible, and donation receipts are provided immediately.
More Ways to Give:
- Our Technology Department is able to accept surplus technology equipment that meets minimum requirements.
- Our Homeless Outreach Program for Education (HOPE) program is able to accept direct donations.
- Consider giving the gift of time by volunteering on a district advisory committee.
- Our partner organizations also accept donations that benefit our district ↓
The MDUSD Education Foundation
We have been proud partners with the MDUSD Education Foundation since its beginning in 2017. The Foundation is a well-established organization that fields and directs many community donations in support of our district.
To promote excellence in the educational experience of students who attend schools governed or authorized by the Mt. Diablo Unified School District.
- Sponsor educational opportunities that foster a culture of excellence and inclusion in all MDUSD schools.
- Provide funds and resources for K-12 educational activities beyond the standard curriculum including STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math).
- Collaborate with businesses and/or trades for alternative educational or vocational career technical experiences for students.
What We Do:
The MDUSD Education Foundation provides STEAM-related enrichment opportunities to over 30,000 students in the Mt. Diablo Unified School District, no matter which school they attend. We work in close collaboration with teachers, principals, and the school district while engaging the community at large to help bring new opportunities to students both inside and outside the classroom.
In two and half years, the foundation has funded and coordinated a very popular district-wide outdoor chalk art program with renowned local artist Mark Wagner. This nearly-completed project will set a new Guinness record for the World’s Largest Illustrated Story, featuring brilliant, student-created, larger-than-life mascots from each elementary school. We’ve rolled out Art in Action, a hands-on art history experience for younger students. We’ve sent thousands of middle schoolers from multiple campuses on field trips to the Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland to learn “How to be an Astronaut on Mars.” Among other programs, the foundation has also actively supported Project Lead the Way technology and science initiatives at our high schools, placing critical STEM tools into the hand of tomorrow’s leaders.
The Mount Diablo Music Education Foundation
We have been proud partners with the Mount Diablo Music Education Foundation since its beginning in 2009. The foundation hosts an annual music festival and supports local school music education through its grants.
The Mount Diablo Music Education Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) public charity established in 2009. We are an independent Foundation that works closely with, but is separate from the Mount Diablo Unified School District. MDMEF is administered by an all-volunteer board representing all 5 high schools in the District and their feeder schools.
Our Mission: MDMEF is dedicated to ensuring all students in the Mount Diablo Unified School District have equal access to a quality Music Education. To achieve this mission, MDMEF has established the following goals:
- Create and facilitate music education opportunities throughout the Mount Diablo Unified School District to maximize student participation, starting at the elementary schools and continuing through middle and high school.
- Increase community awareness about the importance of music education, and engage the schools and community to support music education.
- Secure sources of funding for music-related events and programs.