FACILITY USE AND RENTAL
MDUSD CANNOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD OR DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS AT THIS TIME.
Checks, Cashier's Check or Cash is accepted.
*A 50% DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO FACILITY USE*
Balance due 30 days FROM FIRST DATE OF USE.**
Remit payment to:
MDUSD - Use Permits
1480 Gasoline Alley
Concord, CA 94520
To register or access Civic Permits go to: mdusd.civicpermits.com.
Mt. Diablo Unified School District uses Civic Permits, a user friendly program, that enables the public to request the use or rental of District facilities online. Civic Permits allows the ability to: submit permit applications; determine an estimate of charges; track permit status; and, receive a final invoice.
- Requests should be submitted with 30 days notice from first date of use. A minimun of two weeks is required.
- Permit approval requires:
- Certificate of Insurance ( examples of sample certificates) *see *NECESSARY INSURANCE DOCUMENTS below*
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status, if applicable
NOTE: Check the status of your use permit before contacting the Use Permit Office. If your permit is in SUBMITTED STATUS you must contact the site. The Use Permit Office works on requests once the permit status is Pending District Approval.
Please have your permit number ready when calling with questions or changes to any permit.
*Please see Necessary Insurance Documents (below in table) that we must receive prior to approval of any permit.
If you wish to use a kitchen please fill out the kitchen request form in addition to entering a permit request.
|Liability coverage, for bodily injury & property damage||Aggregate||Certificate Holder Box||Additional Insured Endorsement|
|$1,000,000 per occurance||$2,000,000||Mt Diablo Unified School District, Maintenance & Operations Department, 1480 Gasoline Alley, Concord, CA, 94520.||" Mt. Diablo Unified School District, its trustees, employees, and agents, the State of California, are named as Additional Insured under all policies per terms of the attached endorsement (s) and as required by written contract."|
ENRICHMENT & Youth Recreational Groups:
All Fee-based Enrichment Classes & Youth Recreational Group Programs will be charged for Facility Use.
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING:
All groups using the MDUSD Fields must fill out and sign a Memorandum of Understanding. Memorandum of Understanding
Please upload under documents with your use permit request.
To those groups which fall within the non-profit/direct cost category, enter your 501(c)3 number where indicated on the application form. The 501(c)3 number must be active with the IRS, to ensure the reduced rate.
USE PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE
Use Permit Fee Schedule (Updated June 30, 2023)
TIMELINES AND CHARGES
All Use Permit Requests must be submitted 21 days in advance of the requested event.
If your Request is approved, you have permission to use the facility at the date and time requested.
- Application fee of $20.00 applies to all use permits.
- A 50% deposit MUST BE PAID PRIOR to the event for all permits. No Permit will receive final approval without a deposit. Currently, the District can only accept check, cashier's check, or cash. No credit card or debit card payments are accepted at this time.
- No Permit will be approved without a current Certificate of Liability Insurance (including additionally insured endorsement page) downloaded with the use permit application on the civic permits account.
- A $35 cancellation fee applies to all use permits once they have left pending district approval.
- A $35 change fee applies to all use permits once they have left pending district approval.
- A 48-hour cancellation notice to requested site is required on all approved Permits. Failure to provide 48 hour notice will result in a custodial overtime charge of $233.00 (if applicable).
- Any permit requiring custodial services will be charged $58.25 per hour (weekends require minimum of 4 hours).
No refunds will be issued due to acts of nature.
If you have outstanding or unpaid balances with the District, your request will be denied until your account is current.
EXCLUDED ACTIVITIES AT MDUSD
The Mt. Diablo Unified School District cannot sponsor, accept liability, or hold any trip, project, club, tournament, fundraiser, etc., which includes the following activities:
- Trampolines, including mini-trampolines, rebounding devices, etc.
- Bounce Houses, Velcro walls, boxing ring, jousting or inflatables of any kinds such as "Hamster Balls" or "Robo-Surfing"
- Pogo stick or pogo balls
- Skateboarding, roller-skating, roller-blading, ice-skating or hover boards
- Wave-boarding or snow-boarding
- Auto Racing
- Personal Watercraft
- Dunk Tanks
- Powder Puff Football (without prior approval by General Counsel's office)
- Rocket or jet propelled items (without prior approval by General Counsel's office
Fund-raising projects, carnivals, etc., sponsored by the PTA, PFC, or Booster Club, continue to have excluded activities from coverage under the District's liability program. The activities listed above, are not permitted under the PTA liability insurance policy.
If you have any Use Permit questions, please contact and have your use permit number ready:
Use Permit Office: (925) 825-7440 Ext. 3827
or email at firstname.lastname@example.org