(925) 825-7440 Ext. 3710
Work With Us Wednesdays!
The Transportation Department has job openings for School Bus Driver, Mechanical Service Technician, and Special Education Transportation Assistant positions. To apply for the job openings, fill out an application on the Human Resources Employment Opportunities page.
Do you need help with your application for MDUSD's Transportation Department? Do you have questions about our paid training program? Our department will be available on Wednesdays* to assist applicants who want to work with us in Transportation. Our team can answer questions, and you can fill out the Transportation Department's applications online. We understand you may not be able to scan documents at home. Our team can help you upload your resume, two reference checks, and a letter of recommendation. We can assist with that and more! Come to the Transportation Office, 1490 Gasoline Alley, Concord, CA 94520, from 8:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. to talk with us.
*The Transportation office will not be available for "Work With Us Wednesdays" during school breaks/recesses and holidays.
Services We Provide
Welcome to the Transportation Department of the Mt. Diablo Unified School District. Our Transportation Department operates a fleet of 110 buses. Each route covers a 150-square-mile radius daily. We provide essential services to over 1,500 students who receive specialized services through the Special Education Department and General Education students on specific routes. Our commitment is to ensure safe and efficient transportation for students attending the forty-nine public and non-public school sites and centers we service.
Routes and Mileage:
Our buses, including 19 electric and 26 compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles, cover over 1.2 million miles annually.
- School bus transportation and route scheduling for Mt. Diablo and Olympic High School students residing in Bay Point.
- El Dorado Middle School students living in the previous Glenbrook Middle School area in Concord.
- We maintain a fleet of 311 district-owned vehicles
- Fuel dispensing and monitoring at the bus yard.
- We prioritize safety through regular training programs for our drivers.
- School bus safety and evacuation programs for all K-5 grade students.