Each MDUSD teacher who participates in the Teacher Induction Support Program receives personal, one-on-one support and guidance from a highly effective and trained TISP mentor. The MDUSD Teacher Induction and Support Program identifies and assigns a mentor to each participating teacher within the first 30 days of the participant’s enrollment in the program, matching the mentor and participating teacher according to credentials held, grade level and/or subject area, as appropriate to the participant’s employment. Each TISP mentor is a skilled and experienced classroom teacher who has been selected to serve, full-time, as a mentor for teachers in their early years of teaching.
- Developing a supportive and trusting relationship with each participating teacher that is characterized by confidentiality and a non-evaluative focus on instructional practice and professional growth.
- Collaborating with other TISP mentors and colleagues to assist with participating teacher support.
- Supporting participating teachers in developing an Individualized Learning Plan (ILP).
- Providing each participating teacher for an average of not less than one hour per week of individualized support/mentoring coordinated and/or provided by the TISP mentor.
- Providing participating teachers with assistance and feedback regarding their progress toward mastery of the California Standards for the Teaching Profession and completing requirements for a Clear Credential recommendation.