Public Records Act Requests
In accordance with the California Public Records Act, Mt. Diablo Unified School District is committed to transparency by providing access to existing public documents that are created and maintained by the district.
Please direct all Public Records Act Requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email requests are preferred, as they allow us to easily and rapidly communicate your request to the Mt. Diablo USD department or staff person responsible for the records you are seeking.
How to Submit a Request for Public Records
- Write your request in a letter, an email, or a memo. Include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- The mailing or email address to receive the requested documents
- A specific description of the records requested
- Deliver your request
- by email to: email@example.com
- or in person to: 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, California 94519.
What to Expect
- Upon receipt of a written or electronic Public Records request, MDUSD will respond in writing within ten calendar days to acknowledge receipt of the request and advise as to the availability of disclosable documents in the District’s possession that are responsive to the request. In some cases, the requested documents may be provided within the initial ten calendar day period. However, this is not required by law (Government Code 6253).
- If necessary, MDUSD may extend the 10-day period for an additional 14 days by providing written notice and setting forth the reasons for the extension and the date on which a determination of whether records exist is expected to be made.
- If the District determines that the requested records exist, and are subject to inspection, copies of the records will be made available for review within a reasonable time at the MDUSD district offices at: 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, California 94519, unless electronic records or copies are requested and available.
CPRA Request Archives
The following table provides a list of PRA requests to which the District has responded in the last year.
- Public Records Request Log: Available on Request
Contact Student Services for Student Records or Transcripts.
Contact Human Resources for Employee Records & Verification of Experience.