Skip To Main Content

Public Records Act Requests

In accordance with the California Public Records Act (CPRA), Mt. Diablo Unified School District is committed to transparency by providing access to existing public documents.

Please direct all Public Records Act Requests to  Email requests are preferred, as they allow us to easily and rapidly communicate your request to the department or staff person responsible for the records you are seeking.  

How to Submit a Request for Public Records

  • Write your request in a letter, an email, or a memo.  Include the following information:
    • Your full name
    • Your phone number
    • The mailing or email address to receive the requested documents
    • A specific description of the records requested
  • Deliver your request

What to Expect

  • Upon receipt of a written or electronic CPRArequest, the Legal Department will respond in writing within ten (10) calendar days to acknowledge receipt of the request and advise as to the availability of disclosable documents in the District’s possession that are responsive to the request. In some cases, while not required by the Government Code,  the requested documents may be provided within the initial ten calendar day period. 
  • If necessary, MDUSD may extend the ten-day period for an additional fourteen-days by providing written notice and setting forth the reasons for the extension and the date on which a determination of whether records exist is expected to be made.
  • If the District determines that the requested records exist, and are subject to inspection, copies of the records will be made available for review within a reasonable time at the District's office at: 1936 Carlotta Drive, Concord, California 94519, unless electronic records or copies are requested and available.
  • California law permits the District to charge a fee for providing copies.  However, in most circumstances, electronic copies of records can be provided at no cost.
    • If hard copies are requested, the requestor will be charged ten cents ($0.10) per page.


Contact Student Services for Student Records or Transcripts.

Student Records and Transcripts

Contact Human Resources for Employee Records & Verification of Experience.
Human Resource Contacts

Employee Verification of Experience