CALIFORNIA STATE IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS FOR TK AND KINDERGARTEN ADMISSION
Senate Bill 277: On June 30, 2015, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law a bill that says parents can no longer refuse to vaccinate their children in public or private schools based on their personal beliefs.
- Jan. 1, 2016 marked the end of the ability to file a new Personal/Religious Belief Exemption (PBE).
- July 1, 2016 implements checkpoints for immunizations. TK/Kindergarten is a checkpoint.
- All new TK/K enrollees to the school must present an immunization record certifying that he/she has received all required immunizations currently due before he/she is allowed to attend any new school.
- All currently enrolled TK students with MDUSD who have a PBE on file, the PBE will remain valid until the student reaches the 7th grade checkpoint.
- Personal/Religious Belief Exemptions from another state or country are not valid. Each transfer student (from out of state or country) must present an immunization record certifying that he/she has received all required immunizations currently due before he/she is admitted to school.
- Exceptions made for students with IEPs and Homeless and Foster Youth.
- Immunization Requirements Ages 4-6 Eng/Spanish(2023-2024)
- Immunization Requirements Ages 7-18 Eng/Spanish (2023-2024)
Assistant Director, Student Services
Health Care Services
(925) 682-8000 x6282